Counseling and Family Development programs offer families of active Cabbage Patch members the opportunity to discover long-term solutions to difficult problems. Programs are designed to be proactive, preventive and educational. Our goals are to guide families toward self-sufficiency and make profound differences in their quality of life.
The Cabbage Patch provides free counseling services to families whose children are active participants at The Cabbage Patch.
Core Program Components Include:
- Individual Counseling for Patch Members and Their Families
- Couples, Family and Marriage Counseling for Families of Active Patch Members
Family Development offers families the opportunity to discover solutions to complex problems and issues. A strong emphasis is placed on helping families break the cycle of poverty through commitment to intensive, long-term case management services that help move them from instability to stable and healthy family environments.
As part of the case-management approach, adults meet with staff social workers regularly to determine specific action plans. A self-sufficiency scale is used to objectively determine each family’s needs and evaluate whether action plans have resulted in a family becoming self-sufficient. Participants attend pro-active educational parenting classes and receive assistance with basic life needs such as clothing, food, rent, utilities and medical expenses.
Core Components include:
- Long-term Case Management for Families With Children Active in Our Other Programs
- Patch Parents, a Proactive, Preventive Educational Program for Adult Parents
- Seasonal Assistance Programs: Christmas Baskets, Back-to-school Supplies, Winter Coats for Children
You can help any time by making a donation to our pantry!
- Beef stew
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, ham)
- Cans of beans (navy, black, pinto, baked beans)
- Cans of fruit (“lite” or 100% juice if possible) – pineapple, peaches, pears, mixed fruit, mandarin oranges
- Cans of vegetables (corn, green beans, peas, carrots, mixed vegetables)
- Cans of soup (chicken noodle is most popular, vegetable, tomato, etc.)
- Cereal (cold or hot)
- Cornbread mix
- Hamburger Helper-type mix
- Instant potatoes
- Laundry detergent
- Macaroni and cheese (regular or deluxe version which does not require milk or butter)
- Noodle Dinner Kits (just add water and/or butter)
- Pasta (spaghetti, vermicelli, macaroni, penne, etc.)
- Peanut Butter
- Pork and Beans
- Rice (white or brown)
- Snacks (popcorn, crackers, etc.)
- Spaghetti sauce
- Tuna fish